Pages

Thursday 24 September 2015

No one's Race

This week we are writing about recounts there is a photo we have to write about and write of one of the contestants and there perspective.

As I walked to the starting line a hard long running track I already had sweat dripping down my face it didn’t help that it was a hot sunny day. A huge crowd around me at the panathenaic stadium to know who would win the race.
My stomach was filled with butterflies aching just wanting this race to finish already. The smell of body odour throughout all the contestants it  was horrifying  , Also hearing their heartbeats pounding and pounding . 

First the gunshot went off and everyone started to run gently trying not to slow down and let anyone past. Then we all began to run a little faster wanting to get past the finish line I was coming second pacing and pacing myself.

Then I began to speed up because the contestant behind me was slightly beginning to overtake me.But I wouldn’t let him the finish line felt like a mile away so I tried to catch up with the contestant coming first.

After that I was coming a tie with the contestant who was coming first. Fifty meters away hearing the loud footsteps coming from behind me so I speed up and then I saw the contestant I was running off starting to slow down.
Finally I sprinted all the way past the finish line I felt really relieved because I made it and I came first. The  crowd yelling my name was awesome and all the contestants were still happy they actually made it too.

I was surprised that I came first but also relieved because all the contestants had done it a one kilometer run we all clapped hands and yelled “We did it” .

No comments:

Post a Comment